- Chris Capuano went six innings, giving up four runs on six hits, while striking out six and walking two. Capuano got through the first five innings with ease, and then the sixth inning happened. After giving up a lead-off single to Emilio Bonafacio, Capuano then went on to allow a triple to Omar Infante, and two-run home run to Gaby Sanchez, and a solo shot to Logan Morrison.
- D.J. Carrasco came in to pitch the seventh inning, and the results were almost as ugly as what had occurred in the sixth. Bonifacio singled off Carrasco, and then was brought home on a single by Infante. Infante then advanced to second base on a throwing error by David Wright. The next batter, Sanchez, hit his second home run of the night.
- David Wright has now committed two errors since returning from the disabled list on Friday. With the way Wright throws to first base, the Mets need someone there who can field his wild throws. Daniel Murphy is not that guy.
- Justin Turner was 3-4 with two doubles, a walk, a single, and one run scored.
- Lucas Duda finally hit his first home run of the season. Pinch hitting for Ryota Igarashi in the top of the ninth inning, Duda hit a solo shot over the right field wall.
- Jose Reyes had a nice night, going 3-5 with a home run in the ninth inning.
Next up: The Mets look to take the rubber game of this three-game series with the Marlins, Sunday, at 1:10 p.m. Dillon Gee gets the start fro New York.