- Jon Niese went five innings, giving up five runs on ten hits, while striking out six and walking two. Niese looked like he was falling apart earlier than usual tonight, giving up five runs in the third inning. He was able to get through the next two innings unscathed, however, it wasn't pretty.
- Justin Turner hit two home runs tonight. His first was a solo shot in the first inning, and his second was a two-run homer in the fourth inning. This was Turner's first career multi-home run game.
- Jason Bay hit his eighth home run of the season in the third inning.
- Even Josh Thole got in on the fun, belting his second home run of the season in the fourth inning. Thole finished the night with three hits.
- Angel Pagan was 3-4 with two runs scored.
- Bobby Parnell pitched a scoreless eighth inning. He did walk Michael Bourn, but then got Martin Prado and Freddie Freeman to fly out and strike out respectively.
Next Up: The Mets and Braves play the rubber game of this three-game series tomorrow afternoon. Dillon Gee will take the mound against Mike Minor. Game time is 1:10 p.m.