- Mike Pelfrey went six innings, giving up three runs on six hits, while striking out three and walking three.
- Gaby Sanchez continues to be a Met killer. He drove in the Marlins' first two runs, with a sacrifice fly in the first inning, and an RBI single in the third.
- Jason Bay got the Mets on the board in the fourth inning with his seventh home run of the season, a solo shot to right field to make it 3-1.
- Lucas Duda came up big in the ninth inning, hitting his third home run of the season, a two-run shot to tie the game.
- Things got ugly quick as the Mets and Marlins went into extra innings. In the top of the tenth, Jason Isringhausen entered the game. After getting Omar Infante to ground out for the first out of the inning, he then gave up three consecutive singles. Izzy then gave up a grand slam to Mike Stanton.
- Daniel Murphy made yet another idiotic play on the field. Murphy wasn't able to get DeWayne Wise out at first base, which resulted in the bases being loaded for Stanton. Wise found himself in a run down after over-running first base. Murphy, who cut off the throw from Lucas Duda, hesitated when tossing the ball to Justin Turner to try and make the out. Murphy has no clue what to do out there. Manager Terry Collins recently described Murphy as "exciting." I like to call it pathetic.
Next up: The Mets send Chris Capuano to the mound Tuesday night as they try to snap a three-game losing streak. Game time is 7:10 p.m.