- Chris Capuano went 5.1 innings, giving up four home runs. By the time he left in the sixth inning, he allowed six runs on six hits, while striking out five.
- Justin Turner drove in yet another RBI. He now has an RBI in seven consecutive games, breaking the franchise rookie record previously held by Ron Swoboda.
- Jose Reyes had three hits in the game, scored two runs, and stole a base.
- Pedro Beato was perfect out of the bullpen after coming to pitch 1.2 innings of relief. Beato has not allowed a run in 18.2 innings.
- Besides Capuano's start, the worst part about this game was that it was all on Fox. I really don't know what's more painful, watching the Yankees tee-off against the Mets, or listening to Joe Buck and Tim McCarver.
Next up: The Mets look to take the rubber game of this three-game set, Sunday, at Yankee Stadium. Game time is 1:05 p.m.