- Jon Niese went 5.2 fantastic innings before leaving due to a rapid heart beat. Despite not having the best command, he allowed just two runs on six hits, while striking out seven and walking two. He gave up back-to-back home runs in the fourth inning to Adrian Beltre and Michael Young.
- The Mets had an eight-run sixth inning. The first eight batters to come to the plate all reached base. It was all done with just two extra-base hits. Imagine that.
- Lucas Duda went 4-5 with four RBIs and two runs scored. Three of his four hits were doubles.
- Carlos Beltran snapped his 0-14 slump at the plate, going 3-5 with three RBIs and three runs scored.
- Mets pitchers gave up a total of three home runs to the Rangers today.
Next up: The Mets play the final game of their series against the Rangers in Arlington. Dillon Gee gets the start for New York. Game time is 3:05 p.m.