Monday, June 20, 2011

Mets Morning News: Wright Making Progress, Capuano Thanks Koufax

David Wright began some baseball activity Sunday afternoon, playing catch and taking grounders from his knees.
"I felt good. I made it through [it], which I was expecting. . . . I played catch for 20 throws and took some ground balls on my knees. It was very little."
Chris Capuano's recent success on the mound may have something to do with Sandy Koufax. The lefty worked with the Hall of Fame pitcher during Spring Training and met with him again Sunday about "hooking the rubber."
"It's called 'hooking the rubber.' Instead of standing with your foot in front of the rubber, you kind of put your back cleat on top of it so you can get a little more pushoff. And, I think that's helped me with my location and helped keep my velocity up. Not where his velocity used to be, but good for me."
The Mets have Monday off. They begin a three-game series against the Oakland Athletics Tuesday night at Citi Field.

No comments:

Post a Comment