- Chris Capuano went six very impressive innings before leaving with what was described as abdominal pain. Turns out it was just a cramp which began before the game, but it's not expected to effect his next start. In his six innings of work, he allowed just five hits, while striking out seven.
- Jose Reyes went 2-4 at the plate with two RBIs and a run scored.
- Daniel Murphy was 3-4 with an RBI.
- Apparently Francisco Rodriguez "got his head out of his butt." He had a 1-2-3 ninth inning to record his 20th save of the season.
- David Wright was cleared to resume baseball activities. It is expected that it will take another three weeks at least before he can re-join the Mets. He will fly to St. Lucie tomorrow to begin full baseball activities.
Next up: The Mets head to Texas to begin a three-game series against the Rangers. Mike Pelfrey will take the hill for New York. Game time is 8:05 p.m.