- Justin Turner was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded in the 13th inning, forcing in the winning run. Turner also had an RBI single in the eighth inning.
- R.A. Dickey went eight very strong innings, giving up one run on just three hits, while striking out nine and walking one.
- Lucas Duda got the Mets on the board in the second inning with an RBI single.
- Francisco Rodriguez blew the save, giving up a single to Conor Jackson in the ninth.
- Jose Reyes, who was 0-8 at the plate so far in the series, hit his 13th triple of the season in the eighth inning. He finished the night going 2-6 at the plate.
Next up: The Mets close out their series with the A's Thursday afternoon. Chris Capuano takes the mound against Graham Godfrey. Game time is 1:10 p.m.