Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mets Morning News: K-Rod's 'Pathetic,' Davis's Ankle, Bay's 0-fer

Francisco Rodriguez blew his second consecutive save last night in the ninth inning.
"You know what, I'm going to speak as a fan, not as a player. I definitely have to get my head out of my butt, pretty much. Simple as that. I have to stop these pathetic outings; they're really pathetic."
Ike Davis will be out for another three weeks, and could possibly be facing micro-fracture surgery if his left ankle doesn't show signs of improvement. His doctors believe the protective boot he was told to wear may have been a reason for the slow healing.
After an examination three weeks ago Davis was told to wear a protective boot virtually all the time to allow healing. But when the latest M.R.I. showed no significant improvement, doctors wondered if perhaps the boot was restricting blood circulation that might normally promote healing in the joint.
After breaking his streak of 89 at-bats without an extra base hit on Tuesday, Jason Bay moved up to the cleanup spot and went 0-5.
"What I did (Tuesday) night has no bearing on today, so I'm still trying to keep that even keel. But it definitely was nice to get some results finally."
The Mets are hoping for a positive update on David Wright when he is re-evaluated today. Wright has been on the disabled list with a stress fracture in his lower back.

No comments:

Post a Comment