- Mike Pelfrey went 5.2 innings, allowing two runs on seven hits, while striking out four. Pelfrey also helped himself out at the plate, with an RBI single in the 3rd inning.
- Angel Pagan, David Wright, and Ike Davis all had an RBI to give the Mets an early 3-0 lead in the 1st inning.
- The Mets tagged on three more runs in the 3rd inning, thanks to RBI singles by Willie Harris and Pelfrey. Harris would later score in the inning after Brooks Conrad committed an error at third base.
- An error in the 6th inning by Braves third baseman Joe Mather allowed Chin-ling Hu to score. Hu added to the Mets lead in the 7th inning with an RBI single.
- Manny Acosta, Tim Byrdak, Bobby Parnell, and Francisco Rodriguez pitched a combined 3.1 scoreless innings of relief.
Next up: The Mets take on the Cardinals in Jupiter at 1:05 p.m.