- R.A. Dickey pitched well tonight, but had absolutely no offensive help from his teammates. Dickey went seven innings, giving up two runs on five hits, while striking out five and walking none.
- Braves pitchers held the Mets to just four hits all night. David Wright was responsible for two of those hits, including an RBI double in the first inning to give the Mets their one and only run.
- Daniel Murphy and Jason Bay had the Mets other two hits. Murphy hit a single in the first inning, and Bay hit a ground-rule double in the fourth inning.
- Tim Byrdak and Ryota Igarashi let the game get away in the eighth inning. In just one inning, the two allowed two runs to score.
- As easy as it would be to blame this loss on an ineffective bullpen, a large amount of the blame must also be placed on the offense. The Mets were 0-4 with runners in scoring position and left eight men on base.
- The Mets announced after the game that Mike Nickeas has been optioned to Buffalo and Nick Evans has been recalled.
Next Up: The Mets play game two of their three-game series with Atlanta tomorrow night. Jon Niese will get the start against Tommy Hanson. Game time is 7:10 p.m.