- Jon Niese went six innings, giving up five runs on five hits, while striking out seven and walking one.
- Lucas Duda went 2-3 with one run scored.
- Jose Reyes was 1-4 with a triple. It was his 16th triple of the season.
- In possibly his final home game as a New York Met, Carlos Beltran was 0-3 with a walk and a strikeout. I'm going to go ahead and guess that's probably not how he wanted to end it.
- There was some ugly defense in the fifth inning. After fielding a potential double play ball, Duda threw the ball into the runner heading to second base, which then went into left field. The next at-bat was an RBI single by Jon Jay. Angel Pagan threw the ball to first base in an attempt to throw out Jay. It ended up in foul territory. An errant throw is one thing. An errant throw to a base that is not being covered at all is another.
Next up: The Mets head to Miami as they begin a 10-game road trip. Mike Pelfrey will get the start Friday night against Chris Volstad and the Marlins.