- Dillon Gee went seven innings, giving up two runs on three hits, while striking out two and walking two. Gee allowed an RBI single to Cardianls pitcher Kyle Lohse in the fifth inning, and a solo home run to Lance Berkman in the seventh. He retired the first ten batters he faced.
- Angel Pagan gave the Mets the lead with a two-run double in the fifth inning.
- Daniel Murphy followed the next inning with a two-run double of his own, to make it 4-1.
- In his first game back since being on the disabled list, Jose Reyes went 2-5 with one run scored.
- Carlos Beltran also returned to the lineup after battling the flu the past few days. He went 3-3 with two doubles, two walks, and a run scored.
- Jason Isringhausen recorded his first save since 2008, getting a 1-2-3 inning against his former team. The last time he saved a game for the Mets? July 6, 1999.
Next up: The Mets play the second game of their series with St. Louis. R.A. Dickey will get the start for New York. Game time is 7:10 p.m.