- Mike Pelfrey went six innings, giving up four runs on five hits, while striking out three and walking four. Pelfrey gave up two more home runs tonight, both were solo shots. The first was off the bat of Mike Stanton in the second inning, and the second was courtesy of Gaby Sanchez in the sixth.
- In his first game back since being activated from the disabled list, David Wright was 2-5 with two doubles, two runs scored, and two RBIs, which included the go-ahead run. Wright was charged with a throwing error in the eighth inning. The throw pulled Daniel Murphy off the bag at first, and Gaby Sanchez was called safe by first base umpire Chris Guccione. Replays showed, however, that Murphy was able to get back to the bag in time for the out. Just another blown call by a Major League umpire.
- In other breaking David Wright news from tonight's game, he cannot do the "spotlight."
- Speaking of Murphy, he had another nice day at the plate, going 2-4 with two RBIs and one run scored.
- Jason Isringhausen recorded his second save of the season, setting down the Marlins 1-2-3. Izzy is now only 5 saves away from 300.
Next up: The Mets and Marlins play game two at Sun Life Stadium Saturday 7:10 p.m. Chris Capuano will get the start against Clay Hensley.