Sunday, July 24, 2011

Mets Morning News: Santana Wants To Play, The Chaos Of Being Traded, &Einhorn Deal Held Up By Lender

Johan Santana will throw a bullpen session this morning. If all goes well, Santana could make a rehab start on Wednesday.
"I want to pitch right now," Santana said. "I want to be here. But the reality is that I can't. This is a long process and we're taking everything very careful. If that's my choice I'd be here right now. But the reality is that I can't. I'm working my way back and I hope to be back sometime soon before the season ends. If it's not the case, I'll be fine. What we're looking for here is to make sure I'm healthy and ready to go. Whenever that time comes I'll be ready."
David Lennon of Newsday believes there's a good chance Carlos Beltran ends up with the San Francisco Giants.


As trade rumors swirl around Beltran, Anthony McCarron of the Daily News spoke with other big leaguers who have been dealt, and examines the chaos that can sometimes ensue.
When [Jason] Bay was sent from Pittsburgh to Boston at the deadline in 2008, his first thought was, "OK, this is real. Now what?" He looked at his wife, who was eight months pregnant with their second child, and said, "Hon, I apologize, but I'm no help. I've got to go. I've got to be there Monday. She said, 'I understand. I'll be alright.'"
According to the NY Post, the deal to sell a minority stake in the Mets to David Einhorn, is being held up by JP Morgan Chase. The Mets are trying to structure the deal as a loan, however, JP Morgan Chase will not allow that.
JPMorgan Chase, which is owed about $500 million by the team, won't approve such a deal unless its loans get serviced -- repaid or restructured -- prior to Einhorn.

In addition to objecting to the Einhorn deal, in the last few months the bank wrote a "tough" letter to Sterling telling it that the Mets had breached their loan in 13 different ways, said the source, who has seen the letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment