- Dillon Gee struggled from his first pitch on. Gee went five innings, giving up three runs on seven hits, while striking out three and walking three. He gave up a second inning home run to Mike Stanton, which gave Florida the lead.
- The Mets jumped out to a quick 1-0 lead in the first inning on a sacrifice fly by Carlos Beltran to score Jose Reyes.
- Down by two runs in the fourth with no outs and a runner on second base, Daniel Murphy was BUNTING. He was able to move the runner over on the sacrifice. Someone needs to explain to him that he's hitting .303 and that there was absolutely no reason to waste an out in that situation.
- Jason Bay finally had a productive at-bat in the sixth inning, hitting an RBI single up the middle to score David Wright.
- David Wright went 3-4 with a two-run home run in the seventh to put the Mets ahead 4-3.
- Bobby Parnell couldn't hold a one run lead when he came in for the save in the ninth. Parnell gave up two runs, and three hits, including a home run to Logan Morrison which tied the game. Parnell then went on to give up an RBI double to John Buck.
- Angel Pagan left the game in the fifth inning with dehydration.
Next up: The Mets head to Cincinnati to play a four-game series with the Reds. R.A. Dickey will get the start on Monday. Game time is 7:10 p.m.