- Dillon Gee went six innings, giving up three runs on nine hits, while striking out two and walking two.
- The Mets scored five runs in the third inning. A fielding error by Hunter Pence allowed for the first two runs of the inning to score. Nick Evans later doubled to score Willie Harris. Josh Thole capped off the inning with an RBI single to center field.
- Ruben Tejada drove in the Mets' sixth run of the game in the fourth inning.
- Bobby Parnell, Daniel Herrera, and Manny Acosta pitched a combined three scoreless innings of relief. Acosta recorded his fourth save of the season.
- According to Peter Botte, Mookie Wilson will leave the team due to a death in the family. Wally Backman will coach first base for the remainder of the season.
Next Up: The Mets finish their series with the Phillies tomorrow afternoon. Mike Pelfrey will take the mound for New York. Game time is 2:10 p.m.