- R.A. Dickey was perfect through the first five innings of the game before giving up a leadoff walk in the sixth inning. He then carried a no-hitter into the seventh inning. It was broken up by a double from Shane Victorino. Victorino would later score the Phillies only run.
- Dickey was pulled after seven excellent innings of work. Personally, I would have left him in to at least try for the win. Instead, Dickey ends his season with a no-decision.
- Valentino Pascucci tied the game in the seventh inning with a home run to left field. It was his first Major League home run in seven years.
- David Wright drove home the go-ahead run in the eighth inning with a double to left field scoring Ruben Tejada.
- Miguel Batista and Bobby Parnell combined to pitched a scoreless eighth inning.
- Manny Acosta made things interesting in the ninth inning. After getting the first two outs of the inning, Acosta gave up a single to Raul Ibanez and a walk to John Mayberry. He then got Carlos Ruiz to fly out to end the game and record his third save of the season.
- Jason Bay left the game in the third inning. The illness he has been battling all week flared up again.
Next Up: Dillon Gee will take the mound for game two of the doubleheader. Game two starts at 7:10 p.m.