- Chris Schwinden went six innings, giving up three runs on six hits, while striking out five and walking two. After giving up a two-run triple to David Freese in the first inning, and an RBI single in the second to Allen Craig, Schwinden settled down to pitch four scoreless innings.
- The bullpen, once again, blew another game. Miguel Batista, Daniel Herrera, and Pedro Beato allowed a combined three runs to score in the seventh inning. It's getting to the point where I don't trust anyone coming out of the bullpen.
- Lucas Duda left the game after crashing into the right field wall in the first inning. Josh Satin took his place and went on to hit his first extra-base hit, and drive in his first two Major League RBIs.
- Willie Harris was 3-4 at the plate, and he made an outstanding catch in left field to save at least two runs in the second inning. He hit his second home run of the season in the ninth inning to bring the Mets to within one run.
- Trailing 3-0 in the fourth inning, the Mets rallied to score four runs in the inning, including Satin's two RBIs. Two runs also scored when Rafael Furcal made a fielding error.
Next Up: The Mets send Chris Capuano to the mound in the series finale with the Cardinals this afternoon. Game time is 1:45 p.m.