Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mets Morning News: Changes At Citi Field, Moneyball

During last night's game Sandy Alderson sat down in the SNY broadcast booth and suggested that the dimensions at Citi Field may change next season.
"We're taking a very serious look at it, and done some analyses, and I would think sometime in October we'll make a decision as to exactly what we're going to do...We're not looking for an advantage with respect to home runs versus visitors' home runs," Alderson said. "At the same time, I think there is some sense that the park is a little more overwhelming to a team that spends half its time there as opposed to a team that comes in for three games and doesn't really have to alter an approach or think about it too much and leaves."
According to Mike Puma of the NY Post, Paul DePodesta did not want his name used in "Moneyball." DePodesta got his wish.
"Just the whole idea of somebody else portraying me to the rest of the world was unnerving, for better or worse," DePodesta said. "They could have made me look like Superman [and] it still would be just sort of odd. That was something that sat in the back of my mind.

"I was asked and saw some different iterations of the script, and I realized the character that was in there wasn't even me. At that point I had to remind myself, 'It's a movie. It's fiction.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment