Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mets Morning News: Updates On Duda And Bay, Beato's Tired

A Cardinals team doctor examined Lucas Duda after the right fielder left last night's game with dizziness. Duda crashed into the right field wall while trying to run down David Freese's first inning triple. The doctor did not find any symptoms of a concussion, but Duda will be re-evaluated this morning.

The Star-Ledger's Andy McCullough also reported that Jason Bay has been given antibiotics for a chest cold. He could return to the Mets lineup today.

Pedro Beato's velocity has dropped significantly over the past few weeks, going from 95 to 89. The reason: He's tired.
"I'm just tired," Beato said. "It's been a long season. I've been going about two years straight pitching and stuff. This is the first time I've done it, and it's caught up to me thus far. I'm just trying to finish it out, not throw in the towel early. It's just overall. It's nothing that requires any treatment or anything. I've been throwing a baseball for 20 months now. It's a long time."

No comments:

Post a Comment