- Dillon Geelasted just 4.1 innings, giving up four runs on eight hits, while striking out four and walking five.
- Ruben Tejada had a huge day at the plate, going 2-4 with four RBIs. He hit a three-run double int he fourth inning, and he drove in the go-ahead run in the eighth inning with a single to right field.
- The Mets were lucky in the eighth inning. With the bases loaded, Braves reliever Jonny Venters walked Ronny Paulino to force in the tying run.
- Lucas Duda hit his 10th home run of the season in the ninth inning off Braves closer Craig Kimbrel.
- Bobby Parnell had a very Parnellesque outing. He was hitting 99 on the radar gun, but the command was not there. After getting Martin Prado to ground out to start the eighth inning, he gave up back-to-back walks to Chipper Jones and Dan Uggla. He was then able to get Brian McCann to fly out to deep center field. By that point, Terry Collins had seen enough, and Manny Acosta was brought in.
- Mets pitchers gave up a combined nine walks in the game. Between the Mets and Braves, there was a total of 17 walks. Yikes.
Next Up: The Mets have the day off on Monday. They begin a three-game series against the Cardinals on Tuesday night in St. Louis. Mike Pelfrey gets the start for New York. Game time is 8:15 p.m.