Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mets Morning News: Thole Wants To Be Better, Wright Can't Let ThingsGo, Savannah's Out

Josh Thole told Mike Puma of the NY Post that he is not happy with his catching this season. Guess what, Josh, us fans weren't exactly thrilled about your catching either.
"I don't want to be what's called a defensive liability," Thole said. "You lead the league in passed balls, and I'm sure that is raising questions. I don't want those questions anymore. I don't want to hear the negativity that I can't catch in the big leagues."
David Wright doesn't know how to forget about a bad days work. Wright opened up to the Daily News about how this year has affected him.
"I guess it's just in my nature to focus on the negatives, and what I could have done, instead of the positive," Wright says. "Having a short-term memory and being able to forget about it - it would probably be the ideal situation, but I just don't know if that's in my DNA. I wish I could."

"I think that I need to do a better job of, good and bad, leaving it at the ballpark after the game. Sometimes, especially when you're struggling, you take it home with you. You're kind of dragging on, and that can hurt you, performance-wise, the next day, and the day after that."
After coming within one strike from winning the South Atlantic League championship Thursday night, the Mets' single-A affiliate, the Savannah Sand Gnats lost in a winner-take-all game 5, Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment