- Chris Capuano went five innings, giving up two runs on six hits, while striking out six and walking two. After giving up a run in the first inning on a sacrifice fly from Chipper Jones, Capuano gave up a leadoff home run to Martin Prado in the second inning. He then went on to retire nine batters in a row. He ran into trouble in the sixth inning, but overall, pitched a nice game.
- David Wright had not one, but two, home runs in the game. His first was a two-run shot in the first inning, and his second was a three-run homer in the fourth inning. He finished the day going 3-6 with five RBIs and two runs scored.
- Josh Thole had a nice night, going 3-5 with three RBIs. He hit a two-run single in the third inning, and drove in another run in the sixth on a single to right field.
- Jason Bay channeled his inning Endy Chavez in the fourth inning, making a leaping catch to rob Alex Gonzalez of a home run.
- The Mets had 20 hits tonight. To put that into perspective, the Mets only had a total of 25 hits in their entire four-game series with the Nationals.
Next Up: R.A. Dickey takes the hill for the Mets tomorrow in Atlanta. Game time is 4:10 p.m.