Now to the game. The Mets lost to the Cubs in eleven innings by a score 10-6.
- Miguel Batista went five innings, giving up four runs on five hits, while striking out one and walking three. Control was an issue for Batista from the very start of this game, hitting Matt Garza and Tony Campana. Batista gave up an RBI triple to Carlos Pena to put the Mets in an early 1-0 hole. With two outs in the third inning, he allowed a two-run single to Tyler Colvin. Colvin would get Batista again in the fifth inning, hitting an RBI triple.
- Angel Pagan got the Mets even in the first inning with an RBI double. Pagan also stole his 31st base of the season.
- The Mets would tag on two more runs in the sixth inning to bring them to within one run of the Cubs. Nick Evans doubled to score Jason Bay. Evans would later score on an RBI single by Ronny Paulino.
- Justin Turner, pinch hitting for Daniel Herrera in the eighth inning, got a base hit up the first base line, and an error by Jeff Samardzija allowed Pagan to score the tying run.
- The game was tied until the eleventh inning, when Josh Stinson and Ryota Igarashi allowed a combined six runs to score.
Next Up: The Mets and Nationals begin a four-game series beginning Monday night. R.A. Dickey gets the start for the Mets. Ross Detwiler will take the mound for Washington. Game time is 7:10 p.m.