- Dillon Gee went 5.2 innings, giving up two runs on six hits, whiles striking out five and walking two. Gee pitched well through the first five innings, but things fell apart for him in the sixth when he gave up RBI doubles to Rick Ankiel and Michael Morse.
- Lucas Duda hit a two-run single in the fifth inning to give the Mets a 2-0 lead. Duda finished the night going 3-5 at the plate.
- Dale Thayer got himself in a jam in the seventh inning, giving up back-to-back singles. Tim Byrdak replaced Thayer and was able to get a ground out, but he was then replaced by Bobby Parnell. Parnell didn't help anyone out, giving up the go-ahead run on a single from Ryan Zimmerman.
- Jose Reyes was 3-4 with a walk and a run scored.
- The Mets were just 2-9 with runners in scoring position, and they stranded 10 men on base.
- The Mets failed miserably when it came to moving runners over via a bunt. After Josh Thole doubled to start the fifth inning, Dillon Gee was not able to bunt him over. Then in the seventh inning following a walk from Reyes, Ruben Tejada failed to get a bunt down.
Next Up: Mike Pelfrey takes the mound for the Mets in game three of their series with Washington. Game time is 7:10 p.m.