Thursday, September 15, 2011

Collins Is Disgusted, And You Should Be Too

Terry Collins was none too pleased following today's game.



"This has been an awful time...I’m the manager of this team and I’m responsible. We didn’t manage, we didn’t coach and we didn’t play. It’s pretty simple. You go through stretches and this is one of them. But perception is reality in our game, and the perception I have is that we folded it up. I won’t stand for that. You want to see intensity? You want to see me be intense? You guys are gonna see it. I don’t play that game. You come to play the game right. I don’t care what the situation is, I don’t care what the standings say, I don’t care about pitch counts. I only care about playing the game correctly. Our fans should be upset. I don’t blame them one bit...We need to find a new formula. I don’t know what it is yet, but I’ve got a three-hour plane ride to figure it out."

Thanks to the writer's over at Metsblog for transcribing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment