- Chris Schwinden went five innings, giving up two runs (one earned) on four hits, while striking out three and walking two.
- As far as pitchers went in this game, it was like Little League. Just about everyone got to play. Pedro Beato and Manny Acosta were awful out of the bullpen. Beato gave up three runs in the eighth inning, and Acosta was roughed up for four runs in the ninth. Daniel Herrera balked in a run in the seventh inning as well.
- Fielding was sloppy also. Valentino Pascucci made a fielding error in the fifth inning allowing a run to score. David Wright committed ANOTHER error. That is his eighth error in the past ten games.
- The Mets were 0-11 with runners in scoring position. They scored a total of five runs in the entire series.
- They managed to score one run in today's game thanks to of all people, Jason Bay. Bay hit an RBI double in the sixth inning, and finished the day going 2-4 at the plate.
Next Up: The Mets are going to hit the road, heading to Atlanta for a weekend series. Chris Capuano will take the mound for New York. Game time is 7:35 p.m.