Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mets Morning News: Tragic Numbers, No Surgery For Dickey, Franco ToTutor, Reyes' Hammy

Following last night's 3-2 loss to the Nationals, the Mets are one game away from being officially eliminated from postseason contention.

After partially tearing his plantar fascia on May 26, R.A. Dickey's foot has healed enough that he will avoid surgery once the season ends. Is it just me, or did it seem like Dickey pitched better once he hurt his foot?

The Mets have called on John Franco to begin working with Bobby Parnell. The former Met will soon begin "frame of mind" discussions.
"The more that [Parnell] can understand it's an attitude, that you've got to believe that everything is going to work your way and you've got to choose your battles, the better he will be," [Pitching coach, Dan] Warthen said. "I think John Franco can help him in that respect. He's a good, name guy and I try to use all the people I can."
Jose Reyes admitted that his left hamstring has been experiencing some tightness as of late, and it's effecting his game.
"The other day I felt it a little bit when we played Chicago -- nothing crazy, but I feel some tightness in my leg. That’s why I backed off a little bit. ... Sometimes, when you’re at home plate, you think about it -- ‘Oh, man, if you hit a shot, how am I going to run to third base?'"

No comments:

Post a Comment