Saturday, October 1, 2011

Mets Morning News: Rollins' Thoughts On Reyes

Of course the New York media needed to ask Philadelphia's Jimmy Rollins what he thought about the whole Jose Reyes "bunt and bail" situation. It's not like there's anything else going on in baseball to talk about right now, especially with the Phillies. Rollins told the New York Times:
"I would have bunted, too. I probably wouldn’t have come out of the game, though...I fought this hard to be in this position, and I’m going to see it to the end. Me, personally, I’m going to ride it out. I would have played the whole game. That’s me, though."
Rollins then added this additional insight:
"In previous years, you just didn’t quite get that feeling from him, being in the other dugout," Rollins said. "This year you really did. It was like, 'This man is doing everything he can.'"
No kidding. The man wants to get paid. If there was ever a year to go all out, this would be it.

In regard to free agency:
"He had a great year," Rollins said of Reyes. "But in free agency, you take the year and a career all into consideration. Then on top of that, you take the things they don’t see on the field, the intangibles in the clubhouse, leading the team. Is this guy a winning player? What type of team player is he?"

No comments:

Post a Comment