Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Judge Makes Decision In Madoff Mess

According to CNBC, the judge presiding over the lawsuit between Madoff trustee, Irving Picard, and Mets ownership, has dismissed all but two counts against the Mets.

Ian Begley of ESPN New York tweeted that the two counts remaining are "actual fraud and equitable subordination." Begley also tweeted that both parties will meet in court on Wednesday afternoon to schedule proceedings for the remaining claims.

Michele Steele of Bloomberg Television is reporting that the judge is still allowing Picard to seek the $1 billion from the Mets.

So what does this all mean for the Mets? I don't know. I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not even going to pretend like I understand all of this nonsense.

Despite the ruling being in favor of the Mets' owners, however, I don't see much of a change. As far as I can tell, the Mets are still broke, nobody knows if they will be able to re-sign Jose Reyes, and the Wilpons are still running the show.

Sorry, Mets fans, I don't think the Wilpons are going anywhere any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment