- In his final start of the season, Mike Pelfrey lasted just three innings, giving up five runs on nine hits, while striking out one and walking one. Just think, Mets fans, you get to watch this all over again next season because the Mets are not likely to let him go. Awful.
- D.J. Carrasco entered the game to pitch the fourth inning and it didn't go well. In his inning of work, he gave up four runs on five hits.
- Ronny Paulino hit his second home run of the season, a two-run shot, to break up the shutout in the seventh inning. Valentino Pascucci then added another run with an RBI single to left field.
- Justin Turner hit his 30th double of the season in the eighth inning to drive home the Mets' fourth run of the game.
- Jason Pridie was one of the few bright spot in today's game. He finished the day going 3-3 at the plate with a single, double, triple, and a walk.
- Mike Baxter had a busy day in right field. He made two outstanding plays, gunning down Placido Polanco at the plate in the third inning, and making a sliding catch in foul territory to retire Shane Victorino in the eighth inning.
Next Up: The Mets begin their final series of the season Monday night. Chris Schwinden gets the start for the Mets against the Reds', Homer Bailey. Game time is 7:10 p.m.