- Chris Capuano went six innings, giving up two runs on six hits, while striking out five and walking two.
- Angel Pagan got the Mets on the board with an RBI double in the sixth inning, scoring Ruben Tejada. Carlos Beltran and Daniel Murphy also had RBI doubles in the inning.
- The Mets would go on to score two more runs in the eighth inning on back-to-back singles from Jason Bay and Lucas Duda.
- Bobby Parnell threw two perfect innings of relief. He lit up the radar gun at 101 in the seventh inning. Francisco Rodriguez allowed a lead off double, but settled down to record his 21st save of the season.
- There was a scary moment in the sixth inning as Bay ran into the left field wall, robbing Aaron Miles of an extra-base hit. That is the same left field wall Bay ran into last year which caused his concussion. Bay walked away from this current run-in unscathed.
Next up: The Mets continue their series against Los Angeles on Tuesday. Mike Pelfrey will take the mound against Ted Lilly and the Dodgers. Game time is 10:10 p.m.