Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mets Morning News: Reyes Isn't Rushing, Injury Updates

Jose Reyes isn't about to rush back from his current hamstring strain. Reyes suffered a complete hamstring tear back in 2009 at Dodgers Stadium when he tried to play through a hamstring issue.
"I feel like I'm getting better every day, but I don't want to get on the field too soon, because I know what happened in 2009 when I tried to get on the field too soon. Right now I have to take my time."
Injury Updates:

Here are some injury updates, courtesy of the Star-Ledger.

Johan Santana threw from a mound for the second time without any issues.
"He threw another bullpen today, which is good," [Sandy] Alderson said. "Let's see how he feels tomorrow, and what the schedule is for the rest of the week. I think we're approaching that transition point. But Johan himself, and how he responds to these sessions, will dictate how quickly he progresses."
David Wright is continuing to show progress. He will not begin any rehab games this week, however, because he has not begun running.

According to Terry Collins, Ike Davis is "progressing better," after going home to Arizona to continue his rehab from a bone bruise in his left ankle. He is scheduled to run next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment