- Dillon Gee was impressive through the first five innings, but then imploded in the sixth inning, allowing five runs. Gee's final line was 5.2 innings, giving up six runs on five hits, while striking out two and walking one. This is the second straight game in which Gee has been done in by one bad inning.
- The offense could do nothing against Dodgers starter Clayton Kershaw.
- This was a sloppy game defensively. The Mets committed three errors in the game. Aside from the three errors, there was also the stumble by Carlos Beltran in the sixth inning which led to an RBI triple by Dioner Navarro. Then there was the mental mistake on the base paths from Ruben Tejada, who attempted to steal third base with two outs and down six runs, was almost thrown out to end the inning.
- Angel Pagan and Daniel Murphy each managed to get two hits off Kershaw.
- In his return to the Majors, Nick Evans went 0-3 with two strikeouts. That's not going to help you get playing time.
Next up: The Mets head to San Francisco to begin a three-game series against the Giants. R.A. Dickey will get the start. Game time is 10:15 p.m.