Sunday, July 3, 2011

Mets Morning News: Reyes' Hamstring, Collins Q&A, and Pagan Will Leadoff

Jose Reyes left Saturday's game after the second inning with tightness in his left hamstring. That is not the same hamstring Reyes had surgery on in 2009.
"I felt something weird there. After I feel that I don't want to put pressure there because I feel if I put some extra there my hamstring is going to blow up. So I just, by that time, I wanted to come out of the game and take care."
Steve Serby of the NY Post sat down with Terry Collins for a Q & A.
Q: How devastated, or whatever the word is, will you be if you don't get to manage Jose Reyes next season?

A: I'll certainly be disappointed, because I enjoy watching him play so much, and being around him so much. His smile is contagious. When he walks on the field, his teammates, it's contagious to them how he plays. They look to him to set the stage here. But I will tell you, I'll be disappointed for a short period of time because the one thing I do know, and we've tried to prove this year, we can no longer worry about who's not here and who is here.
Angel Pagan will bat leadoff for the foreseeable future, and Ruben Tejada will take over at shortstop until Jose Reyes returns.

Willie Harris is expected to be activated from the bereavement list today after he and his wife lost their baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment