- Jon Niese went seven innings, giving up three runs on five hits, while striking out six and walking one.
- Carlos Beltran went 2-5 at the plate with two runs scored. He lead off the fourth and sixth innings with his 25th and 26th doubles of the year. Beltran now leads the league in doubles.
- Lucas Duda doubled in the fourth inning to get the Mets on the board.
- The Mets had a three-run sixth inning. Beltran scored the first run on a wild pitch from Hiroki Kuroda. A few batters later, Ruben Tejada hit a two-run double to right field.
- Justin Turner added an insurance run in the ninth inning with an RBI single. Turner finished the night going 2-5.
- All five of the Mets runs were scored with two outs.
- Francisco Rodriguez recorded his 22nd save of the season.
Next up: The Mets close out their series with Los Angeles. Dillon Gee will take the mound for New York. Game time is 10:10 p.m.