- Jon Niese had a rough go of it in the first inning. He allowed a two-RBI double to Mark Teixeira and a two out RBI double to Robinson Cano. Before you knew it, the Yankees already had a 3-0 lead. Niese straightened out though as the game went on, going on to pitch an additional five scoreless innings.
- The Mets lone run of the game came in the second inning on a single off the bat of Ruben Tejada.
- Jose Reyes had yet another multi-hit game, going 2-5 at the plate. This was his 43rd multi-hit game of the season. Reyes was thrown out at third base in the seventh inning after being tagged out by Alex Rodriguez. Problem was, A-Rod didn't tag him. Terry Collins was ejected for arguing the call.
- The Mets were 2-10 with runners in scoring position.
- Attendance for tonight's game was announced to be 42,020. That is the highest in Citi Field history.
Next up: The Mets send Dillon Gee to the mound tomorrow afternoon as they try to even out the series. Bartolo Colon will get the start for the Yankees. Game time is 4:10 p.m.
Don't have tickets to tomorrow afternoon's game, and have a burning desire to stand for three and a half hours? Well it's your lucky day. The Mets announced that beginning at 9 a.m. Saturday, standing room only tickets for the 4:10 p.m. start will be sold for $45.