- Chris Capuano wasn't bad, but he wasn't good either. In five innings of work, he allowed five runs on six hits, while striking out six. He gave up three home runs before leaving in the fifth.
- Seven Mets batters had two or more hits in the game.
- Angel Pagan went 4-6 with four RBIs and three runs scored.
- Ronny Paulino went 4-6 with an RBI and four runs scored.
- Jose Reyes had another multi-hit game. What else it new?
- There was an awkward moment in the seventh inning. It appeared that Terry Collins called in Tim Byrdak to take over for Pedro Beato. Only problem...nobody told Byrdak he was supposed to be pitching. He went on to throw two pitches, and give up a two run homer to Andy Dirks.
- The Mets have set a franchise record with 52 runs scored in the past four games, and have 69 hits.
- Of the Mets 16 runs, 13 of them were scored with two outs.
- Willie Harris left during the middle of the game to fly back to New York to be with his wife who went into labor early. He has been placed on paternity leave. Fernando Martinez will take his place on the roster.
Next up: The Mets offense will be put to the test tomorrow afternoon as they face Justin Verlander. Mike Pelfrey will take the mound for the Mets. Game time is 1:05 p.m.