- R.A. Dickey went seven innings, giving up three runs on ten hits, while striking out six and walking three. The only runs he allowed came on home runs to Austin Jackson in the fifth inning, and Andy Dirks in the seventh.
- Jason Bay was 1-5, but what a hit it was. Bay ended the grand slam drought, hitting the team's first grand slam in over two years, in the fourth inning.
- An inning later, Carlos Beltran hit the second grand slam of the night. He finished the night going 2-5 with four RBIs and two runs scored.
- Even Josh Thole joined in the fun, hitting his first home run of the season in the fourth inning.
- Jose Reyes was 4-4 by the fifth inning of tonight's game, and it was his 40th multi-hit game. He was a home run shy of hitting for the cycle. Reyes stole his 29th base of the season, and hit his 15th triple. He is now hitting .349 this season. If you haven't done so already, vote for him to start the All-Star game.
- The Mets offense has been ridiculous in the past three games. They have scored 36 runs, and have had 49 hits.
Next up: The Mets play the second game of their three game set with the Tigers. Chris Capuano gets the start for New York. Game time is 7:05 p.m.