|If there was a paper bag large enough, I'd be wearing it.|
The Mets lost on a walk-off balk to the Braves. They are now back to being one game below .500.
- D.J. Carrasco balked, yes BALKED, in the winning run. Don't for a minute place all the blame for this loss on Carrasco alone. Francisco Rodriguez blew the game in the ninth, giving up a two run home run to Brooks Conrad. Then, with two outs in the tenth, Lucas Duda booted what would have been the final out of the inning.
- R.A. Dickey was not good tonight. Dickey lasted just four innings, giving up six runs on six hits, while striking out four and walking three.
- Jason Bay was 2-5 with an RBI and a run scored. Baby steps, Bay. Baby steps.
- Another day, another triple for Jose Reyes. Reyes went 3-6 with a run scored. He also stole his 23rd base of the season.
- Scott Hairston hit a three run homer in the sixth inning to tie the game.
- It wasn't all bad for the bullpen. Manny Acosta, Pedro Beato, Tim Byrdak, and Jason Isringhausen were all perfect in relief.