Now, on to the game...
- Jon Niese pitched well tonight, going 6.1 innings, and giving up two runs on five hits, while striking out four.
- Tonight's real hero was Tim Byrdak. Byrdak inherited two runners when he entered in the seventh inning to face Brian McCann. He got McCann looking on four pitches, however, and struck out Diory Rodriguez to help the Mets escape the inning.
- Jose Reyes went 3-5 with an RBI and two runs scored. He also appeared to be the only player from either team who was battling the mud on the infield. Mud, or no mud, it doesn't matter. Reyes continues to dominate.
- Francisco Rodriguez wasn't messing around tonight, pitching a 1-2-3 ninth inning to record his 19th save of the season.
- Willie Harris played for the benched Jason Bay. He went 1-2 at the plate with a run scored.