Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mets Morning News: Terry Erupts, Bullpen Stinks, and Parnell's Command

In case you missed last night's post-game, Terry Collins flipped out about the Mets sloppy play, and another blown lead in the seventh inning.
"I'm running out of ideas here. Do we play hard? Absolutely. That's not the issue. The issue is not effort. That's not it. It's about execution. We have to add on some points when we get the lead. And I'm not looking for home runs. I'm looking for quality at-bats. We can't make careless mistakes. We do. We give up at-bats. We can't do that. We don' that kind of team."

"That seventh and eighth inning are my players that I put out there. I truly believe in them. Therefore maybe I've got to make some adjustments. And, by god, they'll be made. I don't know if it comes with finding different players. But they'll be made. Something is going to be changing."
To watch Collins rip into his players, click here.

The Mets bullpen struggled mightily in last night's loss, and has now allowed 32 runs in the past 25 1/3 innings over ten games.

Terry Collins would like Bobby Parnell to regain his command with the Mets, not with Triple-A Buffalo.
"If there's one guy that knows him, it would be [pitching coach] Dan Warthen."

No comments:

Post a Comment