Thursday, January 20, 2011

Two More Players DFA'd to Make Room for Young, Hairston

Sorry Mets fans. Neither of those players are named Ollie or Luis.

With the additions of Chris Young and Scott Hairston, the Mets needed to make some moves, or more specifically, get rid of two guys.

Rather than get rid of the two players who are wasting space, the Mets chose to designate Jason Pridie and Tobi Stoner for assignment.

This move to me is asinine.

Say Oliver Perez and Luis Castillo do make the opening day roster, they are not going to play. I would rather give Ruben Tejada a shot at second, and use just about anybody else to replace Perez.

Tejada played 78 games for the Mets last season. He has experience. Not a lot of experience, but experience non-the-less.

Granted he hit only .213 last season, but when the team's only other options at second are Castillo and Daniel "I should really only be a DH" Murphy, I'll take him.

Unfortunately, I don't see the Mets cutting these two clowns.

As much as it pains me to say this, if the Mets are going to keep Perez and Castillo, they better use them. At least if they play, they are somewhat earning their money.

No comments:

Post a Comment