Sunday, October 9, 2011

Braun Wants Reyes In Milwaukee

According to Mike Puma of the NY Post, Milwaukee's Ryan Braun would like Jose Reyes to join the Brewers, and he thinks his team has a good shot at making that happen. Here are some quotes from Braun:
"I think there's a better chance we sign [Reyes] than we re-sign Prince [Fielder]."

"[Reyes] is dynamic, man -- he is one of the most exciting players in the game," Braun said. "He plays with a lot of energy and a lot of emotion and I enjoy watching him play. He's one of my favorite players to watch. Whenever their games are on, I love watching him, man. He always plays the game the right way. He always plays hard. He runs everything out."
Milwaukee shortstop, Yuniesky Betancourt's contract expires at the end of this season, therefore leaving a possible gap at short for the Brewers to fill.

According to the story in the Post, Braun has been trying to recruit Reyes since the two played together in on the National League All-Star team this year.

As for the whole "Buntgate" in which Reyes bunted for a single in the final game of the season, left the game after the first inning, and eventually beat Braun for the NL batting title:
"Honestly, I respect whatever Jose decided to do," Braun said. "I personally would have played, regardless. I'm not judging him in any way. I don't necessarily disagree with what he chose to do -- to each his own. But for me, personally, I would have played."
Reyes, don't let Braun's sweet talking sway you. Stay in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment