Monday, October 10, 2011

No Hard Feelings Between K-Rod And Mets

Francisco Rodriguez isn't pitching in his dream role, but he's on a playoff team, and could be on his way to winning a World Series ring. Can't complain too much.

Still, K-Rod would like to get back to being a full-time closer. According to David Lennon of Newsday, that could mean that K-Rod, who is heading for free agency once the season ends, could wind up with the Mets again.
"I don't have no hard feelings for nobody. They did what they had to do. They needed to unload a lot of money and I was making too much money. But you never know what's going to happen one year from now, two years from now."
So not only will K-Rod be looking for a closing role, the Mets are looking for a closer. How convenient.

He also says he's past all of the negativity that surrounded him during his days in New York.
"After the storm, the sun came out for me, finally," he said. "That's what I was waiting for, to put behind me a lot of the negative stuff and be able to enjoy the game once again."
I have to say, I wasn't all that choked up when the Mets shipped K-Rod off to Milwaukee, but I'd rather watch him try and close out a game than Bobby Parnell.

No comments:

Post a Comment