Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Nobody Likes a Quitter...Well Maybe The Mets Do

According to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York, former Washington Nationals skipper Jim Riggleman and former Oakland A's manager Bob Geren, will be interviewing for the Mets' bench coach job this week. Rubin reports that interviews could begin Wednesday.

Riggleman resigned 75 games into the 2011 season. Geren, who managed the A's from 2007 to 2011, was fired just 65 games into last season.

I wonder...was this what Riggleman was hoping for when he dropped his team like a bad habit last season? Not so easy to find a managing gig these days is it Jimmy.

I have to say, based on the way Riggleman handled his problems with the Nationals last season, he's not my favorite pick.

I also wonder if his feelings toward one-year deals has changed. After all, he did say last year, "I promise you I’ll never do a one-year deal again."

No comments:

Post a Comment