Thursday, February 10, 2011

Where in the World are Ollie and Luis?


I know that Oliver Perez and Luis Castillo don't stand much of a chance of making the opening day roster, but Sandy Alderson has said that both will be given the chance to try out.

Both players jobs are on the line, and both are no where to be seen.

I understand that they could be working out at home. What I don't understand is why you wouldn't decide to try and make a good impression with the new regime.

If I knew I was pretty much hated by everyone I worked with, including my old manager, and was then given the opportunity to still play, I would work my butt off trying to impress my new boss.

One way to do that is by showing up to camp early.

It may have no impact on their place on the team, but it certainly couldn't hurt. Don't underestimate the value of an attitude change. This is geared more toward Perez than Castillo.

Last season, Perez refused to take a minor league assignment to improve his pitching, and just plain sucked, on and off the field.

Alderson and Co. are giving him the opportunity to come to camp and possibly make the team. This would be the time to try and change your reputation.

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment