Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dolan Says Talk of Buying Mets is 'Erroneous'

So Charles Dolan is NOT buying the Mets. Shocking news...I know.

The Dolan family issued this statement:

"Recent blog reports regarding the participation of Charles Dolan in a potential bid for the New York Mets are erroneous. Neither the Dolan Family nor Cablevision or MSG are involved in any such effort."

As I said yesterday, the talk of a group of investors, led by Martin Luther King III, buying the Mets was a rumor run amuk.

This whole thing started with an unnamed financial source making this statement. It should be illegal to use unnamed sources in sports.

If you can't actually get a reputable person to comment and give you correct information, while allowing you to use their name, save us all the trouble, and don't report it.

Yes, I know I did myself no favors with reporting it yesterday as well. This is my way of saying enough is enough.

No more reporting rumors in regard to potential buyers.

No comments:

Post a Comment