Saturday, February 12, 2011

Murphy: Don't Call It A Comeback

Photo Courtesy: 123nonstop.com
In an article by Kevin Kernan, of the NY Post, Daniel Murphy was quoted as saying: 

"Any time you kind of get something stolen from you, it makes you appreciate it a little more,” Murphy said of last season’s woes. “Since the day I got hit, June 2, I’ve been excited for spring training to start."

I believe that everything happens for a reason. If it weren't for Murphy getting hurt, the Mets would not have had Ike Davis, at least not so early in the season. Look how well that turned out.

I like Murphy, he's a hard worker and he hasn't complained once about the Mets moving him from one position to the next.

I have to be honest though. The idea of Murphy throwing to first base, in the direction of fans, scares the hell out of me. I hope he doesn't pull a Chuck Knoblauch and throw it in the stands.

Folks sitting behind the first base dugout may want to begin practicing their duck and cover moves.

For those fans who have stated that he apparently hasn't worked hard enough because his fielding isn't up to snuff...you're ridiculous.

Hard work equals respect. I don't expect him to be a gold glover any time soon, or at all for that matter, but the hard work and dedication he has toward improving himself as a fielder is something other players should look at (ahem Ollie and Luis).

Luckily for him, he can hit. As long as he hits in the Spring Training, he'll find a spot on the roster.

 To read Kernan's entire story, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment